Statement of Faith
- Created: Tuesday, 11 February 2020 11:23
Evangelical Fellowship of Zimbabwe (EFZ) established in 1962, is a membership-based voluntary national Fellowship composed of church denominations, Para church bodies, Christian organizations and individuals adhering to the common beliefs attributed to evangelical and Pentecostal Christian orthodoxy. Evangelicals join in fellowship to proclaim and demonstrate the Whole Gospel of the Kingdom of God saving the soul, body and spirit. This is done through facilitating fellowship and ministry of member bodies, ministering to the nation and providing humanitarian, relief, advocacy, counsel, peace building, development services, women and youth empowerment and entrepreneurship. EFZ has a membership of over 800 members and is active in all 10 Provinces of the Country.
Statement of Faith
- We believe in the Holy Scriptures as originally given by God to be divinely inspired, infallible without error and the supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct. (2 Timothy 3:16; Peter 1:21; Matthew 24:35; Psalm 119:105).
- We believe in our Lord Jesus Christ, God manifest in the flesh, His sinless human life, His divine miracles, His vicarious and atoning death, His bodily resurrection, His ascension, His mediatorial work, and His personal return in power and glory. (Colossians 2:9; Isaiah 7:14; Hebrews 4:15; Acts 2:22; 1 Peter 1:3/3:18; Mark 16:19; 1 Timothy 2:5; Luke 21:27)
- We believe that, because of sin, the entire human race is lost and that lost, sinful men can only be saved through the atoning death, shed blood, and resurrection of the Lord through the regeneration of the Holy Spirit (Romans 5:8; 1 Peter 1:19- 20; Romans 10:9; Ephesians 2:9; Titus 3:5).
- We believe in the person of the Holy Spirit whose ministry is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ to convict the world of sin and to regenerate the sinner upon believing in Christ and to indwell the believer sanctifying him through the truth and enabling him to live a holy life and to witness and work for the Lord Jesus Christ (John 6:63; John16:8,13,14; 1 John 5:1; Romans 8:9; 1 Peter 1:2; Acts 1:8).
- We believe that the church is composed of all such persons who through saving faith in Jesus Christ, having been regenerated by the Holy Spirit, are spiritually united in the body of Christ, of which he is the head (Acts 2:47; 1 Corinthians 12:24,27; Colossians 1:18).
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of all the dead of the believers to everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord and of the unbelievers to judgement and everlasting conscious punishment. (John 5:28; John 29; 1 Thessalonians 4:16/17; Revelation 20:11-15).